Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Ripples Are Part Of The Ocean.

I am walking around this beautiful spot in San Rafael. I am surrounded by glistening water on three sides. I am that water and that water is me. Herons and all sorts of other birds are here holding the space of this eternity.

I am chanting my friend's chant: "God Alone Is, God Alone Is". (See his comment below). God to the north, God to the south, God to the east, God to the west. God inside and God outside. God alone is.

I am standing totally still in this place. A large white heron I am watching is standing totally still also. Still in Motion. Joy is over flowing and spilling all over the place. Joy is pushing out like a baby who is about to be born, filling up more and more space.

None of this is special in any way because all of it is special. Every moment. Every journey. Every story. All of this is part of the ho hum ecstasy of the nature of things. God alone is.

All that is is animating this vantage point and this vantage point is animating all that is. The dance and the dancing are one, without a beginning and without an end.

It is all the same ocean.

And in this vast ocean there is a noticing that vivid ripples appear, ripples dancing in the sunlight. Some of these ripples could be termed bliss ripples and others could be termed contraction ripples. They seem to come and go on their own.

When a contraction ripple shimmers through there is this most curious impulse to do something about it, to try to fix it. Yet, that ripple does not need to be fixed. It is as much a part of the ocean as any other ripple. The ocean can handle every expression of itself. God does not need to be improved. God can handle God.

Truly, nothing more needs to be done. As the ocean, we can do it all. It is still party time. Joy is still beaming from every direction.

God Alone Is. Even in the contraction, even in the nightmare, God is there. God is the One animator of all seeming perfection and imperfections. God Alone Is and We Are That. Amen!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Yo Bruce

Michal here... Noticing I am not feeling a strong desire to comment or add my two cents, mainly because what you have shared feels true to me.

True in the sense of "leaving me silent/empty/alive" inside.

No interest in debating, arguing, adding to what does not need adding to, expanding with ideas and adding writing to what consciousness is expanding into...

So on the one hand I beleive you are speaking of emptiness and less, and on the other you speak of "more," more comments, more action, more input, more support.

How does one put emptiness and "more" together?

How do blog readers submit comments that allow them to stay in the empty-aware-field?

What are you really craving for as you send out a blog entry: A return serve?

A silent sharing of the truth of what has been shared?

That is what I notice as I read this blog.

(p.s. the posting process is cumbersome for me, I forget my password, etc... easily. enabling anonymous posters would make it easier as someone suggested on your old blog.

Bruce Terrell said...

Yo Michael,

As always, there is appreciation here for your comments and inquiries.

I could say "I" appreciate them, and yet what feels more real is that there is an independently arising appreciation here. Then, after the fact, a story is told of an "I" that is feeling that.

Who is the "I" who asks for comments? Is it the Little Bruce character who grew up in a foreign country where no one spoke his language and where no one could ever respond to his expanded thoughts?

Or is a larger collective "I" who just happens to delight in parts of itself waking up together?

Emptiness somehow includes more, and more includes emptiness. Inside of empty an infinite variety of fractal reiterations can occur, so many different levels of "I".

95% of the writing that happens here from this "I", whatever "I" that is, is done alone. It comes out of nowhere and returns to nowhere.

Not wanting to limit itself in any way, Existence seems to also delight in the seeming "something-ness" of hot, happening blog conversations. It loves the new and the fresh, as fresh and new is already Its nature.

What one "I" here wants is not just a return serve but an whole universe of amazing back and forth volleys, like the creation of all those stars that are being created in this very moment.

Emptiness must adore More. How can we know this?

Look at all the civilizations that have existed on this planet, all the wild flowers on the earth, all the mangoes that grow on just one tree.

Look at how much time has already occurred, look the amount of atoms in the period at the end of this sentence, look the amount of stories that get told every day out of thin air.

"How do blog readers submit comments that allow them to stay in the empty-aware-field?"

By them knowing that it is impossible for them to ever leave that space.

I did set this blog to accept anonymous comments and I guess it defaulted back.

I have been thinking of you and your Mom and her surgery.

Love,
Bruce

Bruce Terrell said...

Dear Michal and all,

You should be able to post here now without having to log in. Let me know if this is true.

When I wrote that last part the thought appeared: "Is anything true?"

Is anything true?

Here we are in still another moment where emptiness and fullness are happening at the same time.

Love,
Bruce